My grandfathers mother used to make us chicken noodle soup 🍜
She was an amazing woman who I miss with all my heart, she was a true Slovakian women. Now it’s a recipe she took to the grave with her and never let anyone know her secret ingredient. To this day we all try and make it just like she did but it just doesn’t taste the same. She made everything from scratch even the pasta. The photo is of me and my grandfather making home made pizza well talking German 🇩🇪
- 1 whole raw chicken
- 1 onion diced
- Carrots peeled and sliced ( as many as you like.)
- Celery sticks diced
- Safe & rosemary
- Pinch of sugar.
- Place the whole chicken in a pot of water, (fill above the chicken) bring to boil, once boiled reduce the heat and simmer until chicken is falling off the bone. ( this takes an hour.) once the chicken is removed, wait for chicken to cool down and remove the meat off the bones and keep. Also keep the stock on a low simmer.
- Add the onions, carrots and celery sticks to the stock with a tablespoon of salt and the sage & rosemary.
- Bring back to boil until carrots are soft then bring back down to simmer.
- Add the noodles ( we buy thin) as we just don’t make them ourselves anymore.
- Add the chicken and let simmer.
- Pinch of sugar and it should be ready to eat!