As I’ve already said in a few blog entries before, I’m a women who loves making to-do lists! For Christmas my friend bought me a check list and I’ve put it too good use!
My last month of pregnancy has showed me I love to clean and I’m very OCD about it. I found myself mopping every day and vacuuming my house when it didn’t need it. And the next day I would get bored so I would just clean the same way again because it gave me something to do.
Well with my new check list I made a routine for cleaning, every day I now have a cleaning check list and I only follow this. It helps me to not be so obsessed with cleaning every little thing every single day.
So here is my routine check list:
- Sweep & mop floor
- Clean out fridge and wipe down
- Clean microwave, oven and clean the coffee machine.
- Put fresh water into the jug for the week.
- Fill up ice tray
Tuesday: living room
- Dust the tv unit
- Dust the blinds
- Vacuum the carpet and floor
- Clean the sofa,
- fluff the pillows,
- vacuum under the couch
- Vacuum the carpet
- Clean the bedside tables
- Pick up clothes that might still be on the floor.
- Wash the bed sheets / put fresh ones on.
- Dust the blinds
- Clean the toilet – bleach
- Clean the bath – bleach
- Clean the shower – bleach
- Swipe/ mop the floors
- Change the towels for the week. ( Hayden and I use the same towels for the week, he has his and I have mine.)
- Wash the dirty towels
- Clean the mirror and the sink
- Take the trash out
- Washing! Lots of clothes lots of loads
- Dishes ( we don’t have a dishwasher.)
- Wipe down kitchen counter
- Pick up lose items left out from the night before.
- Make the bed.
This might sound OCD to some but this is my routine and i find it helps me so much not to go over board with always cleaning when I don’t need too. And I look at this routine and think to myself it will come in handy once Lorenzo is born because my house will never look like a bomb hit it.