Where is the time going! and how is my newborn now a 3 month old and not a newborn anymore.
Lorenzo’s 3 month update is a long one, I feel like he is doing heaps of new things that I just can’t keep up anymore.
Lorenzo’s feeding habits have been up and down for the past 3 months but he is finally starting to improve. from day one Lorenzo has had trouble with feeding and it’s taken us a few trips to the doctors to finally have some answers we needed. Lorenzo kept throwing up his milk all the time and we would go back and force to the child health nurse and always have the same answer from her that he was just having too much or he was a very reflex baby. I was never happy with these answers because I knew this was not the reason why and that their was more too it. I tried the special reflex formula and it made it so much worse, I tried the special bottles and that did nothing because he was still throwing up all the time. I took Lorenzo to see a different doctor to get a second answer and I was stocked the child health nurse never once told me this. Once talking to the doctor and telling him everything I have tried which was so much more then just changing bottles and formula he asked if anyone was lactose out of Hayden and I. which my reply to was yes Hayden is, the doctor then said that if one parent is lactose then most likely the child will be too. He put us on a special formula that you can only buy from a chemist and cost us about an arm and a leg but that’s ok. since being on his special milk free formula Lorenzo is a different baby all together. he no longer cries on and off all day, his actually poos now 3 times a day “before he was so blocked up he never really did poos.” and he sleeps so much better.
Lorenzo’s routine has changed so much since his two much update. and I’m sure it will change once it comes time to do his 4 month update.
- 4am wake up and feeds 180mls
- 6 to7am he sleeps
- feeds at 8:30am 180ml
- sleep 9am to 10am
- awake from 10am to 12noon
- 12:30pm he feeds 180ml
- 1pm too 3pm he sleeps
- 4pm to 4;30pm we try and keep him happy “this is his witching hour”
- 5pm night routine begins. bath, get him ready for bed and bottle
- 5;30pm to 6pm he goes to sleep around that time frame
- he sleeps all night now.
Lorenzo is reaching all those important milestones and I couldn’t be happier because as a educator I do put a lot of pressure on myself to make sure he meets all the correct milestones when he should be meeting them. I’m still struggling to to turn off educator role sometimes.
- follows objects with his eyes
- responds to sounds via facial expressions
- starting to baby talk and when you talk to him he will baby talk back
- sleeps through the night
- smiles at faces he knows
- holds objects well
- has a great grip and can hold heavy objects for a little while before dropping them
- plays with hands and feet
- when holding objects he always holds with right so he must be a right handed kid
- responds to bright colors and different shapes
- strong gross motor in legs
- when holding his hands well he sits on you he can pull himself a little up without assistants
- responds when you say his name “only sometimes”
Likes & Dislikes:
- Loves water
- Hates being on his back
- Loves sitting up right and watching the world
- loves music
- loves been sung too
- hates waiting to be fed and is very demanding “trying to break that bad habit.”
- hates when the car is stopped at a red light and will cry
- loves being outside more then being inside
- hates being too hot but also hates being too cold
- loves bath time
- loves toys that make sounds
- loves when someone plays with him rather then playing alone
- hates being out of your sight
- loves his dummy “a little too much”
Weight & Height
Lorenzo’s weight has unfortunately gone up and down with all the issues we had with his formula but he is now sitting at 4.7kg which is 10.5 pounds so he is very much healthy his length is 56cm which is a long baby boy! just like his daddy. he also Now is out of all newborn clothes and wearing 0 to 3 months.