Who is with me when I say shopping for Christmas gifts can sometimes hard and over thought about!
Honestly I’ve had to crack down on myself and say I will now only buy Christmas gifts for a handful of people. I know they sounds bad but now that I have a family to think about I need to think better with my money. I’m thankful I have a good circle of friends and instead of buying each other gifts we just do a girls night or dinner. Because at the end of the day spending time with your friends is way nothing than receiving a gift.
But for the people I do buy gifts for I begin to make a list and write them all down.
• Lorenzo’s daycare teachers “he has 3” I like to get them something to say thank you for all they have done in that year and taking care of my child well I have to work.
• in-laws. This one is a tad hard for me as hubby comes from a divorced family and a big one. So I chose family members carefully. And it’s usually something small.
• grandparents, they never want gifts as they have everything they need so I now get Lorenzo to make them a personal gift.
• my family, we do secret santa which has proven to be very good for our family and easy, no one misses out.
• hubby, I buy him something new needs when I buy gifts for him. He just joined gym this month and needs heaps of stuff which I most likely will just buy him a gift card for a workout gear shop, something easy and he’ll like.
• sister in law, again we just buy something small for all the in laws as it’s a very big and not your typical family which we don’t really see all the time. Again maybe a gift card or I know she’s wanted a type of water bottle for a while so maybe just that.
Now that Ive made my list I start online browsing! I have the most fun doing this, I always add things to the cart and just never buy them which for some reason is fun for me! And the things I end up enjoying I’ll most likely go into the actual shop as I like to see in person what I end up buying for someone.
Teacher gifts, last year I gave all his teachers personalised water bottles with their names on them. As a educator myself I know we don’t really need anymore chocolate so I like giving gifts that are actually useful.
I have a gift in mind for this year which I won’t be saying as I know one of his teachers actually reads my blog sometimes and I don’t want to her to see it before I give it to her of course.
But here are some other great ideas.
Now I loved this idea for Lorenzo’s teachers as for the past two months maybe more he’s been collecting rocks from the car park and he brings them in for his teachers every morning or most mornings, but I’m just not this creative and mine wouldn’t turn out as good as this.
Second idea would be something cute that Lorenzo could help make for his teachers.
But again I just don’t have the skill or time!
Gift ideas for family
I love this idea for my family home and my parents and then they can just extend on when my sister’s begin having their children.
Love, love, love this idea for outside the front of the house for my parents, having our family name and the year my parents married would be so cute!
Other gift ideas for family would be.
Gift idea for men
Like I said my hubby just started going to gym, so I know that this Christmas I’ll be looking at gym related gift ideas as he needs a lot!
I think you honestly can’t go wrong with a good size gym bag!
Or maybe even invest in a really nice pair of gym shoes.
If you have sister’s like me who always started making jokes about “well why did she get the bigger gift?” I like to get them all the same thing but again make it personal.
Also can’t forget the pets of the household! Zues gets spoiled at Christmas!
Last year we bought zues a random gift box full of goodies! This year he has his very on person stocking hanging up that we are planning to fill full of things he loves! Zues is on a pretty strict diet as we like to keep his coat perfect so we don’t like buying just any old foods for him, so we will buy him a doggie treat but it will be from our local pet shop. Zues also loves playing tug of war so definitely a toy related to this! And a new cute outfit or something little like that.
Now if my hubby is reading this blog please pay attention to these gift ideas for the women of the household!
I love a nice pair of comfy PJs and one that I would love that I might end up buying for myself would definitely be from Peter Alexander!
Or maybe something made from our son, love the personal touch.
So many gift guide ideas I can’t! I love buying gifts for others it’s probably the best feeling in the world and watching them open them!? Hubby finds that so weird but I don’t..
The Caesar family ❌⭕